As a student major in Applied Sciences B - (Business), there are some curriculum requirements you must meet. To graduate, you must earn 120 credit hours total.
You must take 39 credit hours of required courses for the core curriculum.
- English (12 hours; 3 hours must be literature and may be a foreign literature; 3 hours must be public speaking, writing, or acting)
- History (3 hours)
- Math (6 hours; 3 hours must be college algebra; 3 hours may be statistics)
- Science (9 hours)
- Behavioral Science (6 hours; 3 hours must be at the 200 level or higher; Select from anthropology, criminal justice, political science, psychology, sociology, geography, or ECON 201, 202, or 300)
- Arts/Humanities/Behavioral Science (3 hours; the course must be different from your chosen concentration). Arts courses include visual arts, dance, music, and theater; humanities courses include communication, English, history, humanities, language, philosophy, journalism, and honors.
Applied Sciences B - Business Concentration Courses
If you choose the Applied Sciences B - Business as your major, you will complete 24 credit hours. All 24 of those credit hours must be at the 300- or 400-level with an earned grade of "C" or higher.
Choose courses from the following disciplines:
- Business systems, analysis, and technology
- Business law
- Computer science
- Health information management
- Quantitative methods
- Louisiana center health informatics
- Health services administration
Enrichment Blocks: (Blocks are simply "groups of subjects")
For your enrichment hours, you must complete 36 credit hours. You need 12 credit hours in three or more blocks each (for 36 hours total) — and one of those blocks must be the same as your concentration area. You can complete coursework in any combination of subjects within those three blocks. The idea is that you get “enriched” by exploring different disciplines - find out where your interests lie, what your strengths are, and what classes are a hit for you! These 36 hours can be 100-400 level courses. Once enriched in different blocks or groups of subjects, you will be able to decide which of these 3 blocs you want to be your major.
The other blocks besides Applied Sciences B - Business are:
- Behavioral Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Applied Sciences A
Note: A maximum of 30 hours can be applied from the College of Business Administration towards your Bachelor of General Studies degree. Courses excluded from that 30-hour limit are:
- QMET 251
- QMET 352
- Louisiana Center Health Informatics
- Computer Science
- ECON 202
- ECON 201 or ECON 300 (not both)
- Health Information Management
You are free to choose from any block to fulfill your 21 credit hours towards electives. We encourage you to use at least 6 of those hours to complete a minor.
2-3 cr. hours - computer intensive course
3 cr. hours - advanced writing course
Only one (1) KNEA class can be applied towards your graduation requirements.