As a student majoring in the Arts/Humanities, there are some curriculum requirements you must meet. To graduate, you must earn 120 credit hours total.
You must take 39 credit hours of required courses for the core curriculum.
- English (12 hours; 3 hours must be literature and may be a foreign literature; 3 hours must be public speaking, writing, or acting)
- History (3 hours)
- Math (6 hours; 3 hours must be college algebra; 3 hours must be a non-algebra Math)
- Science (9 hours) Combination of Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences - 2 from the same subject.
- Behavioral Science (6 hours; 3 hours must be at the 200 level or higher; Select from anthropology, criminal justice, political science, psychology, sociology, geography, or ECON 201, 202, or 300)
- Arts/Humanities/Behavioral Science (3 hours; the course must be different from your chosen concentration). Arts courses include visual arts, dance, music, and theater; Humanities courses include communication, English, history, humanities, language, philosophy, journalism, and honors. Behavioral Sciences listed above.
Arts/Humanities - Major/Concentration Courses
If you choose to major in the Arts/Humanities, you will be required to complete 24 credit hours from subject matter in Arts/Humanities block. All 24 of those credit hours must be at the 300 or 400 level with an earned grade of "C" or higher.
Choose courses from the following disciplines:
- Visual Arts
- Moving Image Arts
- Modern Languages
- Sociology 480
Enrichment Blocks: (Blocks are simply "groups of subjects")
For your enrichment hours, you must complete 36 credit hours total. You need 12 credit hours from three different blocks (for 36 hours total) — and one of those will be the same as your major/ concentration area. You can complete coursework in any combination of subjects within each of those three blocks. The idea is that you get “enriched” by exploring different disciplines - find out where your interests lie, what your strengths are, and what classes are a hit for you! These 36 hours can be 100-400 level courses.
Once enriched in different blocks or groups of subjects, you will be able to decide which of these 3 blocks you want to be your major.
The other blocks besides Arts/Humanities are:
- Natural Sciences
- Behavioral Sciences
- Applied Sciences A
- Applied Sciences B (Business)
You are free to choose 21 credit hours from any block to complete your electives. We encourage you to use at least 6 hours towards the completion of a minor.
2-3 cr. hours - computer intensive course
3 cr. hours - Advanced Writing course
Only one (1) KNEA class can be applied towards your graduation requirements